Saturday, February 12, 2011

6 Years and Counting

Today I have been a wife for 6 years.
We try to make our anniversary a family celebration so we do our best to include the children on the day of our actual anniversary and then spend sometime celebrating just us a little later. This years gift themes are Candy, Iron, and Wood, the flower is Calla Lily, the gem is Amethyst, and the color purple.

To celebrate today we went out to eat, and made cup cakes.
I think The Girl loves my new mixer as much as I do <3.
Angelfood is The Husband's favorate cake and I learned it could be made into cup cakes. So we made those. I left half nude, since it is the sort of cake that is very good on its own and so I can pack him some in his lunches (assuming it lasts long enough to pack and has not all been eaten by Sunday evening.)

to the other half I did this...



 And then they did this:
 The puple/pink frosting/glaze is a blueberry lemon (can you tell I still have a ton of blueberries?)
1/4 cup butter softened
1 cup blueberries
1 tablespoon lemon juice
LOTS of confectioner's sugar (I would recomend cutting the blueberrys and lemon juice at least in half if not more it took a lot of sugar and made a TON will have to find something else to do with it.)

Mix butter, berries and juice then start adding sugar about a 1/2 cup at a time until you get the right consistancy.
So Yummy.

2 comments:

Jamie said...

Yum... you could pour the leftover glaze onto lemon or almond pound cake, a bundt cake or even sugar cookies... the list goes on!

LifeAtTheCircus.com said...

I think it is so wonderful the way you involve the whole family in celebrating your marriage! And your love for your man and your kids shines so brightly in your blog! Happy Anniversary!