Tuesday, June 12, 2012

NYC Day Two: Central Park

On the second day of our time in New York we went into the Manhattan and spent the day there. We did some shopping and took the day fairly easy. I think we may have had one too many stops for the day but it was a lot of fun anyway. We started out walking through Central Park.
 The weather was lovely if a little warm. It was not uncomfortable to walk but I would not want to be one of the joggers we saw.

 Below (the picture of my sister and myself) is the only picture I managed to get of me during the whole trip so there is evidence that I was actually there.
 It was a little surreal for me to be walking around this park for the first time. I have seen so many thing that where filmed or photographed there that it felt very familiar but familiar from so many different places it was like someone took different rooms of friends homes and put them all together in one house.
I think the every city needs something like central park, a place designed to keep nature and greenery a part of the life of the city. It really changes the feel of the city.

No comments: