Monday, June 25, 2012

Gluten Free Coffee Cake in a Mug

This amazing thing happened tonight I am sharing it with you now so that you may also have your life improved by it. So I was craving coffee and coffee cake. Which is harder to fix when eating "normal" cake makes you sick. The Husband suggested that I see if there was a Gluten free coffee cake that we could make in the microwave. Because you know, he is brilliant.


Well after an extensive 2 minute google search I found a coffee cake in a mug by Prudent Baby. I suggest you go there and look at the step by step pictures (and the normal recipe).

For those of you who want it without the Gluten I have a recipe below for you. Same basic steps as the original but you know without the wheat.

1 tablespoon of butter (soften in microwave for 10-15 sec)
2 tbsp sugar (mixed into softened butter until creamy)
1 egg
1 teaspoon milk (or sour cream)
small splash vanilla
1/4 cup GF flour (I use Bob's Red Mill's)
1/8 Tsp baking powder
Mix everything into the butter and sugar mixture and make the crumb topping in a small bowl.

Crumb topping:
1 tablespoon butter
2 tablespoon GF  flour
1 tablespoon brown sugar
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon cardamom
Smoosh together with fingers until evenly crumbly
add crumbs ontop of mixed batter
Microwave for 2 - 3 min more or less. I would watch it. I started at a min and kept adding and adding so I am honestly not sure how long I had it in there but every microwave is a little different.

No comments: