Thursday, September 27, 2012

Gluten Free Crock Pot Apple Cobbler

I was looking for a quick and easy apple breakfast recipe and stumbled on this one Easy Breakfast Apple Cobbler from Food.com


So I decided to give it a shot. Only 5 ingredients, naturally gluten free, and I just set it and forget it and wake up to delicious hot apple breakfast. Sounds almost too good to be true.

I did modify mine slightly. 
I used white sugar rather than honey as I was apparently out, and added a handful of golden raisins.

Just be sure if you want it gluten free to use a gluten free granola. 

I would say to go with the honey over the sugar it caramelized and then started to burn a little. This might be a side effect of my crock pot which I think needs to be replaced and the low might not be cooking on low. I suspect this because the apples were a little bit more mush than a cobbler usually leaves them but that may be because I picked softer apples and you will want to be sure to use good sweet baking apples like Braeburn.

No comments: