Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Homemade candies

We just had our anniversary, we have been married for 6 years. The traditional gift for a 6th year anniversary is candy. So my children helped me make some candy for The Husband.

One of his favorite candies are nerds. So we made some nerd truffles.

To make the nerd truffles I started with an eggless cookie dough recipe.

But did not add any vanilla, rather I added a strawberry Kool-ade powder packet, which colored it and flavored it and added a nice tartness very similar to nerd candy.
This was then rolled into balls and then rolled in the chocolate had made for fondue. sprinkled with actual nerds and set in the refrigerator to set up.

It was super easy, and that safe to eat raw cookie dough recipe is perfect.
I will make it add to ice cream, or chocolate chip filled truffles, or you know just because I want to eat cookie dough...

The results?

The Husband,"These are pretty good... you could sell these."

No comments: